Monday, September 18, 2017

REFINE US

"What if you woke up today with only the blessings that you thanked your Heavenly Father for yesterday?"

Elder Willes and Elder Sorensen

Hello everyone!!! This week has been another pretty good week here in the San Jacinto Zone. Elder Sorensen and I have been working hard, and have been able to find 5 new investigators this past week. We are finding them, but now we are working and praying so we can get some of them to church. Church is a big step for people. Sadly, none of our investigators were able to make it to church, but we are going to continue to work hard, and to help those prepared souls Come Unto Christ. Here is how my week went!!!

Tuesday morning we had our weekly district meetings and Elder Gossett and Elder Watson gave a great training. We all learned a lot! My mission reminds me that every day we can become closer to the Lord and every day we can make choices that help bring the spirit into our lives. Then we all gotta ACT. Get going and act on those special helps the Lord gives us.

We continue to teach Liam! He has such a strong desire to be baptized!!! It is cool to see a young kid search out and recognize God. Please pray that he can get to church so he can move forward. We had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the San Jacinto Elders. Elder Yang and I got to go out together!!!!! I love him. He is so awesome and we spoke Chinese pretty much all day which was nice! We were also able to sit down and teach Monse Lamas, who we met while trying to visit a potential investigator. 

This week I attended my first MLC (Mission Leadership Council)! All the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders and APs get together, and we receive training. It was a really great day and full of the Spirit and learning. I want to be the best missionary I can be and every day I strive for this. President and Sister Hammon taught us a lot. I love them.

MLC

We also had another opportunity to teach DeeDee again this week! We answered some of her questions. We read through 3 Nephi Chapter 11 with her and the Spirit was so strong. The good news is, DeeDee's boyfriend, Ronnie also wants to learn and change his life around!

10 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, whom the prophets testified shall come into the world.
11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
Any free time we had this week we went out doing some good old fashioned seeking with faith trying to find more people to teach! Sunday is always a great day. We didn't have any investigators that came to church, but we will. 

Something that was awesome that I really enjoyed from this past week's MLC was this, "Trials, hard days, hard weeks, and struggles are not to define us, but to REFINE us." I know that every trial, every hard day, and every hard week comes in order to improve us, and to help mold us into a better person. I am so excited to continue to work hard and to labor in the Lord's Vineyard. I love the Lord and I love His work!!! Love you all have a great week!!

Elder Willes


No comments:

Post a Comment