Friday, September 29, 2017

EASTVALE - ROUND III

Elder Willes, Elder Crowther, Shannon & Elder Nelson


Hello everyone!!!! This week has been another good one here in the good old California, Riverside Mission. This past weekend I found out that I was being transferred, and I am back in Eastvale now!!!! I seriously am so so excited. Elder Nelson and I will be the Zone Leaders, serving in the Jurupa Zone. We are so so excited, and it is going to be a lot of fun. 

This past week, Shanon and Liam were both baptized! It has been a really good week and we have seen many miracles. 

Yesterday, (Sunday) I had the opportunity to attend Shanon's baptism!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such a special day and something that I will never ever forget. Shanon has experienced such a change of heart, and I know that is because of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is so amazing and will be such an incredible member of the Church of Jesus Christ. It was an awesome day, and a day that I will never ever forget!!!! I wasn't able to go to Liam's baptism because the times were conflicting but Elder Sorensen said that is was super cool.

Sorry this email is short, but I know that the Gospel is true, and the it changes lives. I am so excited to continue to work hard, and to help my Chinese brothers and sisters Come Unto Christ. Love you all have a great week!!



Mom note:
The beautiful story of Shannon...

So before any of the missionaries met Shannon, she was on her way to China to see her husband and the flight got re-routed to another airport. While at the airport she met a gentleman who offered to give her a ride to the changed airport, since he was in the same situation! This man told Shannon he was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Shanon was shocked by this as she had a son who had recently converted to the church in college and had left on a mission to Boston! This man (who the missionaries still don't know who it is) told Shannon that there is a Chinese group in Eastvale and they would love to have her if she would like to learn more. When Shanon got back from China she went to a Sacrament meeting and there she met Elder Willes and Elder Crowther and they began to teach her the following week.

Shanon had a hard time believing and thought the scriptures were just stories. Shanon would come to church every single week but would not commit to baptism. Elder Willes was transferred and Elder Nelson and Elder Crowther continued to teach her and basically started over.

Shanon told Elder Crowther and Elder Nelson that she was leaving to go back to China for 3 weeks but that she would be baptized when she got back. "Then the spirit sucker punches me and Elder Crowther and we were prompted to tell her, "If she wasn't baptized before she left, she never would be!" She said "Thanks. I appreciate the concern and I will pray about it." Then Elder Crowther said the same exact things. This time I noticed it clicked a little more. She thought for awhile and said she would pray about it. So we finished the lesson and left a little discouraged. We came back the next week and followed up on her prayer, this time she asks what the process is? I get all giddy and explain the process. She then said, I  quote, "I can't be baptized this week but I can next week!" Me and Elder Crowther were in awh!!!!" [Borrowed from Elder Nelson's Blog]



Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment