Monday, September 18, 2017

MIRACLES EVERY SINGLE DAY

Elder Willes and Elder Ly 

Hello everyone!!! I have seen miracles this past week. I see miracles every day. GUESS WHAT?????? This past week, the Jurupa Chinese Elders gave us a call and informed us that Shanon will be getting baptized!!!!!! She has fasted and prayed about it and knows that it is the right thing for her to be baptized. Shannon's baptism will be held this coming Sunday and I hope that I get to attend. How cool is that?? That should be super super amazing. Also, we are hoping that Liam's baptism will happen this Sunday as well. He had his baptismal interview. Please please pray for these individuals that I love so much. 

This past week we had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the San Jacinto English Elders. Elder Watson and I worked in their area for the day and we had a super awesome day! We picked up three new investigators, and even put one of them on date for baptism! It was a big blessing and a pretty fun day! I love when the Spirit works on people's hearts and compels them to make choices that will help them become closer to Christ.

Also, this past week we ran into a Chinese guy in our area!!!! Elder Sorensen and I were biking around our area and we passed a guy walking on the sidewalk and tried to contact him in English. He looked Chinese and when he didn't respond to us I just starting speaking Chinese to him. All of the sudden, he quickly turned around, and I started to talk to him. We talked for like 15 minutes on the sidewalk, and his name is Lu Di Xiong. :) It was definitely a blessing and a miracle for me! I love the Chinese people and miss them so so much! 

On Saturday, we had another lesson with DeeDee, and also the father of her kids, Ronnie. Ronnie is pretty interested in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and wants to turn his life around and be a better dad. Sadly, Ronnie or DeeDee didn't come to church this past Sunday, but we are going to do our best to try and help them out. Please pray for them too.

We had Stake Conference this past weekend. I learned a lot and want to apply what I learned into my daily missionary efforts. We continue to see miracles every single day and we are excited to continue to work hard, and to help those prepared souls to truly, Come Unto Christ. Thank you for your constant support, love and prayers. Love you all have a great week!!!

Elder Willes

Pics "borrowed" from President Hammon's blog



No comments:

Post a Comment