Sunday, February 19, 2017

NEVER TAKE THE TEMPLE FOR GRANTED

"The Redlands Temple is small, but so beautiful. I am so thankful for the House of the Lord, 
where we can go worship and become closer to the Lord. Never take the Temple for granted. It's amazing! 
I am so thankful for this opportunity I have to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ. 
I love Him. I know He loves me. I know He is constantly aware of His missionaries."


Elder Zeng, Elder Willes and Elder Nelson


Hello everyone! This week has been another good week here in the California Riverside Mission. Today, (Thursday 2/9/17), was our p-day and we were able to go to the temple. It was the first time I have been able to go since being out here in the field. It was so amazing. I don't think I have ever felt the Spirit so strong. When I walked into the Celestial room, it just felt like everything was okay, and that my Heavenly Father loves me and is proud of me. I knew that Heavenly Father is certainly watching out for me and the Chinese people here. I am going to work my hardest to continue planting those seeds of faith!!!!!!! This is a tough area but we will continue to work hard and be obedient so that MIRACLES will come. 






This week we had an exchange with the Office Elders. Elder Heyward came into our area and Elder Zeng went to their area. Elder Nelson was sick for most of the day, but he was feeling good enough to come to English class on Wednesday night. The best thing is, we had people at English class too! Elder Zeng and Elder Nelson met Jack on campus and he brought 3 friends! Sadly, they all go back to China in about a week. It was a little miracle to have people come. Awesome.

Exchanges with Elder Heyward - Elder Nelson and Elder Willes


English Class


We spent most of Thursday, Friday, Monday and Wednesday on the campus seeking Chinese who are prepared so we can teach the Gospel. Lots of walking, walking, and more walking. We have met a lot of awesome Chinese people and are doing our best to find the elect and prepared. 

I am grateful for the training we continue to receive on family history. This work is so sacred and I really have gained an appreciation for it since I have been on my mission. So powerful.

On Saturday we had a really awesome service project with both our zone (Mt. Roubidoux Zone) and the Riverside Zone. We cleaned a lot of garbage off the streets of downtown Riverside. It was super fun! I love giving service. Service is another principle I have gained so much gratitude for on my mission. 

We continue to pray, fast and discuss how we can improve the work in our area. We are working hard. On Tuesday we had our ZDM meetings, where once a transfer, our zone gets together, and receives training from our ZLs. It was awesome. A lot of training about the Doctrine of Christ, specifically repentance. It was super cool! 

Sunday was awesome. This past week was Fast Sunday, so I got another opportunity to bear my testimony during Sacrament Meeting. It was a great day, and I love ANY opportunity that I have to share my testimony about the Gospel. 

The Redlands Temple is small, but so beautiful. I am so thankful for the House of the Lord, where we can go worship and become closer to the Lord. Never take the Temple for granted. It's amazing! We also went to Cafe Rio after :) Super amazing. 





I am so thankful for this opportunity I have to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him. I know He loves me. I know He is constantly aware of His missionaries. Love you all have a great week!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment