Saturday, October 8, 2016

I HAVE LEARNED A LOT THIS WEEK

Week 6


"We abandoned our entire lesson plan, and just taught to his needs. 
The Spirit was really strong and we came out of the lesson SO HAPPY."

Elder Willes and Elder Fakatou who is from Great Britain and has the coolest accent ever

Hey everyone! This week has been pretty good. I have learned a lot this week. I love how I can learn and grow and become a better missionary and person each and every day. I am officially 2/3 of the way done with my time at the MTC. Time has really flown by and I will be in California in less than 3 weeks from today!!!!!!

MTC haircuts. You've heard the horror stories. Last p-day we got haircuts. It is quite the adventure but I must say but they did a good job. 

Elder Willes and Elder Gouttier who is one of our Zone Leaders. Elder Gouttier is from France.

Elder Cline, Elder Lewis and Elder Willes - Buddies from home


We've been teaching a lot. It is good practice. I love it. We invited Ou Di Xiong at the end of the lesson to read the story about Enos and it was so awesome. We also had lessons with Liu Di Xiong and Wei Kai (our other two teachers/investigators). We have been teaching them both about the Plan of Salvation and it has been a good learning experience, teaching the Plan all in Chinese. I love it. I love the Plan. I love teaching in Chinese. Our lesson with Wei Kai was such a memorable experience. We abandoned our entire lesson plan, and just taught to his needs. The Spirit was really strong and we came out of the lesson SO HAPPY. We have been teaching a lot recently, about twice a day. Elder Shakespear and I have really grown together as a companionship and we have gotten better at following the Spirit. Teaching is so great :) 

Saturday we had TRC again. We taught how we can each receive answers to our prayers. It was so great. We only taught once again because there weren't enough volunteers but TRC is incredible. On Monday we had our first "Skype TRC." We skype someone from either China or Taiwan, and teach them a lesson. We skyped with this lady from Taiwan, and taught her about prayer. It was kinda hard to understand her but I was smiling the whole time and just loving it. We asked really good questions about prayer that got her to think and feel the Spirit I hope.  

Sunday was awesome, the topic for this week was baptism. My companion taught Priesthood and he did a really great job! Sunday night's devotional was by Stephen Allen, who works in the Missionary Department. I loved his talk. He did a survey and asked missionaries to stand up when he asked certain questions. It's kinda hard to explain but was cool. We also got to watch 17 Miracles!! Elder Schweitzer of the Seventy taught us at the Tuesday night devotional about commandments and the importance of keeping the commandments. Devotionals here are awesome. I feel the spirit every time and can learn how to be better. It is such a blessing to be at the MTC and hear from General Authorities every single week! I am also way pumped for General Conference. 

This morning we went to the temple again. Such a great experience and always a highlight. Love you all and hope everyone has a great week!!

Elder Cline, Elder Ballard and Elder Willes - Buddies from home

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment