Sunday, September 25, 2016

THERE IS NO MIDDLE GROUND


"There is no middle ground. You either believe and know it's true, or you don't. 
I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share this life changing message with others and take part 
in the battle for the literal salvation of souls." 


Elder Shakespear and Elder Willes




Elders Elton and Willes on the temple walk. Elder Elton is going to Scotland and Ireland speaking Mandarin.

Hey everyone! This week has been super busy, but overall a great week. I will start off with some sad news. Yes, a choir of missionaries from the MTC are going to sing at one of the sessions of General Conference in a couple of weeks. No, I wasn't chosen to be in the choir. Super sad. I wanted to go so bad. Its all good though. Life goes on. :) I am super happy and grateful that I still get to watch Conference and hear from modern day prophets and apostles! 

This week has been super busy. My district, my class, got new teachers - Brother Wadsworth, Brother Taylor, and Ou Lao Shi (haha I don't know his English name). They are all awesome. They all have been a blessing and have taught me a TON. Because we have new teachers, these three teachers are all our new "investigators." It has been really fun teaching these new investigators and developing my teaching skills. [Mom note: Brother Wadsworth is actually a distant relative of Nate's and also served in the same mission as Nate's older brother Will.]

We had our first lesson with Ou Di Xiong. It was great. I love it when I can feel the Spirit in a lesson. It is such an awesome feeling. Friday mornings we always do service which is awesome. We also had our first lesson with Tan Di Xiong (Brother Taylor) and that was a pretty good lesson. He asks pretty difficult questions at times, but it is good practice for me. Our first lesson with Wei Kai (Brother Wadsworth) was a good one. We invited him to pray about Jesus Christ, God, and Christ's Atonement and he said that he would! These experiences are preparing me for those in Riverside. I know it.

This week, on Saturday, I counted my one month mark as a missionary!!!!! Holy cow I couldn't believe it. Time is really strange in the MTC. It's hard to explain but I am happy to say that I have completed my first month :) We taught about the Book of Mormon and the importance of it at TRC. The Book of Mormon is ESSENTIAL to one's conversion, and I am grateful I get to share that. :) TRC is the best. 

Saturday night, right as we were headed back to our residence, me, Elder Cline, and Elder Shakespear heard the BYU football game. "WELCOME BACK TO THE FIELD YOUR BYU COUGARS." It was kinda sad and weird. But Sunday was awesome, as always. The talks and lessons were focused on repentance. I made it another Sunday without being asked to speak in sacrament meeting! I am sure I will speak soon though. :) Sunday night's devotional was given by President and Sister Mehrs. They are a district president in the MTC and gave really great messages. I got to sit by my good pal Elder Jordan Lewis, a friend from home.

Elder Lewis and Elder Willes

A group of missionaries in the MTC all from Woods Cross High School

Monday was another day full of teaching, studying, and more class. I love the time we get to have for personal study. I learn so much from the scriptures and PMG, conference talks and mormon messages. Tuesday night's devotional was by President L. Whitney Clayton, who is in the Presidency of the Seventy, and his wife. It was awesome. He talked about how there is no middle ground. You either believe and know it's true, or you don't. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share this life changing message with others and take part in the battle for the literal salvation of souls. 



We got to go to the temple this morning. I always love that :)

Thank you so much everyone for all of your love and support. Miss you all hope you have a great week!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment