Saturday, October 8, 2016

THE SAVIOR'S LOVE IS INFINITE AND IT REACHES EVERYONE

NI HAO - again

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him 
to declare his word among his people that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13






Another great week here in the MTC! This past week Elder Shakespear and I were called as the new Zone Leaders. We are excited for the opportunity and are working hard to improve our zone. Tonight Elder Shakespear and I welcome 8 new missionaries :) As zone leaders, we get to welcome them, get to know them, give them a tour of the MTC, and conduct a companionship inventory. Super exciting :)

This week was pretty solid. We have taught a lot of lessons this week. We have been working hard on companionship unity during lessons, and we are really starting to see the benefits. Monday night we had another Skype TRC. We skyped this older lady from Taiwan. Her name is Wu Jie Mei and it skyping and teaching her was so awesome. At the end of the TRC, I felt prompted to invite Wu Jie Mei to read The Book of Mormon with her family, every day. She thanked us, and said that she really needed a reminder to do that. It was cool. 

Saturday and Sunday were full of General Conference, which was a great blessing :) 

Sister Burton, the General Relief Society President, gave the Tuesday night devotional. It was awesome. She shared the scripture:

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people  that they might have everlasting life." 3 Nephi 5:13 This scripture truly sums up my feelings about my missionary purpose. So awesome. 

General Conference was incredible. Before my mission, I really didn't have the best attitude about General Conference and I definitely took for granted the blessing of hearing from modern day apostles ad prophets. This time around, I made a change. I took tons of notes on every talk and there were so many awesome things I learned. I just want to share a few highlights of a few things I learned. 

#1- I loved Robert D. Hales talk. I love how he talked about how if we love the Savior more, will we suffer less? Jesus Christ gave up his life for us, so that we can be happy. What a blessing that is. Another thing that stuck out was "We love Him, because He loved us first." The Savior's love is infinite, and it reaches everyone. The Savior has an enduring love and He is our caretaker. 

#2- I also loved Elder Uceda's talk, and the story he told about the Inca Bridge where he almost fell off, and the missionary stayed behind because he followed a prompting. While on a mission it is really important to listen to the spirit, so that you can follow promptings and teach to the needs of your investigators. 

#3- Elder Yamashita "Be ambitious for Christ." I loved that.

#4- Elder Eyring's talk in Priesthood session was amazing. When he talked about the "Priesthood Journey" and how we can help others develop faith and confidence in priesthood Service. I felt the spirit really strong.

#5- Russell M. Nelson's talk about joy was so good to hear. During His Atonement, Christ focused on joy. I think that is so amazing. We can follow in His example that when we go through trials, learn to suffer with joy. We will be blessed beyond belief for that.

General Conference was so special. I am so grateful for everything that I learned and it was incredible watching it in a big room with about 2000 other missionaries; all 2000 of us united in purpose and in spirit. Super cool.

Love you all have a great week!!

Elder Willes 



Elder Lewis and Elder Willes - friends from home - after watching a session of General Conference

No comments:

Post a Comment