Wednesday, August 22, 2018

PUT IT IN YOUR PHONE (Monday, August 6, 2018)

"Miracles are everywhere! What a blessing and a privilege I have to represent the Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him and I know that He loves me. I love the Lord and I love His Work! My mission has been the most sacred and happiest experience of my life. True joy and happiness comes through obedience and sharing the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have a testimony and I know these things are true. God and Jesus Christ live." 





Hello everyone! This past week has been another incredible week here in the good old California, Riverside Mission. Miracles were everywhere to be found this past week and I am excited to tell you about them! 

We have been Seeking With Faith a lot, and we have seen many miracles and blessings that come from this effort! We spent time every day this week out looking for those who the Lord has prepared. Good news - our car didn't break down this week and we were all happy to make it to District Council. District Council is always a time of revelation and a time I always feel the Spirit. 

We have taught some really amazing people this week. I love teaching and testifying. We had another lesson with Wen ShiTao. He is doing great! We followed up with him on how he is doing with personal prayer and reading from the Book of Mormon. Wen ShiTao loved the passage which we gave him to read, Alma 32, on faith. We focused a lot with him on faith and repentance. It was a great lesson. We had another lesson with him the following night. After teaching our lesson and teaching Wen ShiTao about baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost, we invited him to be baptized. He accepted a date for August 26th!!!! He even put it into his phone so that he wouldn't forget. He is so cool! 

Wednesday afternoon while out seeking, we ran into one of our former people that we were teaching, Amanda Xie. She let us into her home, and we got to talk with her for a very brief time before we had our dinner appointment. She said that we could come back another time, and share a message with her and her family! She has 2 kids, and so they are a potential family of 4!!! Thursday evening we finally were able to have another lesson with Xu Jie Mei! Shannon Yang came with us again, and we had a great lesson. We explained how the Book of Mormon helps us to learn of Christ and how Christ's sacrifice brings us hope and peace. We invited her to be baptized but she doesn't feel quite ready yet. We will continue to work with her and help her to Come Unto Christ! 



Our English Class is going so well. We normally have about 15 people consistently attending. This is truly a miracle! We also did some service this week at the Palm Terrace Care Center. We had another lesson with Matt and Joanna. My trainer, Elder Zeng is back visiting the mission, and so he came to the lesson with us. It was great to see him! We taught Matt and Joanna about the importance of reading from the scriptures as a family and also having personal scripture study. Joanna is hoping to be baptized this next Sunday, August 12th. She seems excited for that. Please pray for her that she can be baptized this upcoming Sunday! That will be the coolest thing ever to see my friend Matt, a very recent convert, baptize his wife. Friday evening, we had another great English Class. After English Class, Elder Zeng and I went to a Correlation Meeting with the leaders in the Chinese Group, while Elder Crowther and Elder Maxwell taught two new people from this past week, Sophia and her daughter Isabel! 

Saturday morning we had the mission Transfer Breakfast! I had the opportunity to bear my testimony, as it was my last Transfer Breakfast. That was a super great and spiritual experience for me. We stopped by to see a referral, and also the Hu Family, neither of which we were able to teach, but that is okay! We did have a great Home Visit with Shannon Yang. Shannon's son, Elder Xiao, comes home from his mission in the next couple of weeks. I am excited to see and meet him again. Shannon is such an incredible member of The Church and has such a strong testimony! We also visited Dennis and Yancy! They are busy, but they are doing good. We followed up with them on their prayer and Book of Mormon reading, and invited them to keep those commitments. It was a good lesson. 

Sunday was a very spiritual and amazing day. This past week, we had 4 of the people that we are teaching come to Church! Joanna, Wen, Sophia and Isabel all came to Church! It was amazing and our Gospel Principles class was super full! In the afternoon, we had the opportunity to do another Home Visit with the Su Family. We read through Matthew 14 with them and related that to sharing the Restored Gospel with friends and family. It was great! Sunday evening after dinner, we then did some more Seeking With Faith, after which we taught Sophia and Isabel! Sophia and Isabel were a referral from our recent convert Amy. They are only here for a couple of weeks, but they are very prepared! We are going to invite them to be baptized this upcoming week, and we are super excited about that! Please pray for them.

Miracles are everywhere! What a blessing and a privilege I have to represent the Savior, Jesus Christ. I love Him and I know that He loves me. I love the Lord and I love His Work! My mission has been the most sacred and happiest experience of my life. True joy and happiness comes through obedience and sharing the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have a testimony and I know these things are true. God and Jesus Christ live. Love you all have a great week!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment