Wednesday, August 8, 2018

MISSIONARIES ON BOTH SIDES OF THE VEIL (Monday, August 6, 2018)

Grandma & Grandpa Marchant and Elder Willes taken right before his mission


"It has been a sad time since hearing of Grandma's passing, but I have 100% faith and confidence in God's Plan for our family. I have received a priesthood blessing this morning, and that brought me so much peace. I know that the Plan of Salvation is real, and that it is true.
What an incredible reunion it will to be with each other again."


Hello everyone! To be honest, it has been a rough couple of days since hearing about Grandma. I loved her so much and looked up to her and her amazing example. Grandma has taught me so much over my life, and she truly is a Spiritual Giant. One of the things that I have learned from Grandma is the importance of always being kind to others. Grandma always had a smile on her face, and truly would treat everyone just as the Savior would. Grandma emulated the Savior's example, and she always had a Christlike light. Since hearing about Grandma's passing, I have had the opportunity to think a lot about how grateful I am for her, and how much I love her. I first received a call from President Hammon while driving to dinner on Saturday evening. After receiving the call and hearing the news, I broke down in the car. My companions have been wonderful to me and have helped me immensely. Despite the sadness over the past couple of days, I know and testify that Grandma is in a better place now, a place where she can be free from the physical limitations in this life. When the Savior entered the Spirit world after His death on the cross, He was determined to share the Gospel with the spirits there. I imagine Grandma is doing that same thing. I know that she has such a strong testimony of the Gospel and so many people are in need of that at this very moment. 

The Plan of Happiness is God's PERFECT Plan for all of His children. I know and testify that as we turn to Him during our times of suffering and trials, He will succor us, love us, care for us, and help us to be happy. I rejoice knowing that Grandma is being a missionary just like me right now, beyond the veil. What a blessing that is! I love Grandma Marchant!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment