Monday, August 14, 2017

I'M HEADED TO HEMET ... ENGLISH SPEAKING



Elder Willes and Elder Jensen with Bao Jie Mei who has returned to her home in China

Hello everyone! This week has been another great week here in Eastvale. I love Eastvale and I especially love the Chinese people who I teach and serve with here. On Saturday morning, I received a phone call from President Hammon and was called to be a Zone Leader. I will be serving in the San Jacinto Zone, and my companion will be Elder Sorensen. I am very humbled and excited to have this opportunity! I am very sad to be leaving Eastvale and will really miss serving the Chinese people, who I have come to know and love so much! I am just going to work my hardest down there. I am going English so please pray that I don't lose my Chinese! I guess like most good experiences in our lives, this is very bitter-sweet.

Last Monday after our p-day finished up, we stopped by Rocky's house to visit him. He answered the door and let us in! We had the opportunity to teach him about the Restoration and picked him up as a new investigator! It was a great lesson and we were pretty excited about our visit. This week we also taught Shanon about the law of tithing. She is progressing quite well and we are just trying to work with her in order to set a baptismal date. Please pray for her. We had another lesson with Jacky. It was really great and he will most likely be baptized this next Sunday, August 20th. Please also pray for him. 


Jacky and Elder Willes

Thursday morning we drove to Lake Elsinore and finally got to meet with Evangel again! We taught Evangel and her daughter Blair more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and it was awesome! Evangel still has very strong faith and we are excited to continue to help her! They took us out to lunch after our lesson and that was pretty fun!!! On Saturday morning we had a super awesome lesson with Johnson, his wife Suzy, and their daughter named Katy. We tracted into them a couple of weeks ago and they came to church last Sunday! It was a great lesson and it is so cool to see the way the Lord helps us to find people who need and are seeking Him.




Other info from the week - On Tuesday morning we had our weekly "DLC" and "DDM" Meetings. I gave a training on receiving revelation through the Book of Mormon. It went pretty well, and I felt the Spirit really strong! I am also happy to report that Elder Nelson and I won the "Clean Car Award" for the 2nd Straight Time!!!!!!! #Back2Back :) Haha that was awesome. English class continues to go really well. And on Friday morning we had some good old service at the Jensen Alvarado Ranch again. That was pretty fun! 

Sunday was another amazing Sabbath Day!!! We had 3 investigators come to church. Jacky, Shanon, and Apple all came to Church! It was so awesome and I felt the Spirit really strong as I got to worship with all of them! The Lord loves these people and so do I. After church, we drove to Riverside, to have another lesson with Louise! She is doing so awesome! She has read all of 1 Nephi in one week!!!! She is progressing very well, and will be coming to church next Sunday. Overall, another super awesome Sabbath Day!

I've had another pretty great week here in the CRM. I hope you all are having a super good week wherever you are. I am excited for this new opportunity this upcoming transfer. Please pray that we can find those souls in Hemet, CA, that are ready so that we can help them come to know the Savior, and Come Unto Christ. Love you all have a great week!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment