Tuesday, April 18, 2017

UNDERDOG


Elder Willes and Jay Yang


Hello everyone!!! This week has been amazing. Elder Nelson and I have been working so hard, and we have had so much success. We had 6 investigators at church on Sunday AND we have 6 investigators with a baptismal dates. There were many highlights from my week, but here are just a few.

On Tuesday morning we had our weekly DLC and DDM meetings. I gave a training on Teaching People, Not Lessons. I felt good about it and know that this is how the Savior wants us to teach. It was awesome. That afternoon, we had a lesson with Sharon, an investigator we found at UCR. We taught her about the Restoration, and she took it okay. Her desire isn't very strong, and she texted us a few days later and told us she wasn't interested. :( It was a bummer. That afternoon, we had a lesson with Lin Jie Mei. We taught her about the Plan of Salvation, and she really loved it. It was a great lesson! 

I also went on exchanges with the Spanish Elders. I went out with Elder Sanchez, and we had a pretty good day. We spent most of the day seeking and seeking. We also went and tried to visit a bunch of potential investigators. It was a fun day! Also I had exchanges on Friday with Elder Heward, who is one of the Office Elders. We spent the day moving apartments, seeking and some home visits. We've been doing a lot of those lately to help others increase their faith.

On Thursday we had a awesome lesson with Brother Xia. We also taught him about the Plan of Salvation, and he really loved it. Saturday we had another lesson with Charlie. He is awesome. We taught him the Plan of Salvation. The Plan is important. It answers lots of questions if someone is searching. I feel so blessed to have this knowledge. Brother Zhang dropped us this week. That is always very hard. His parents were very frustrated with him for meeting with us. 

Brother Xia and Elder Willes


Sunday was sweet!!!!!! We had 6 investigators at church. Vivian, Hank and Tina, Jay Yang, Lin Jie Mei, and Brother Xia all came! It was amazing. During fast and testimony meeting, I got up and bore my Testimony in Chinese, which was awesome. I wanted these investigators to hear it from me again. I wanted them to know that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will bring joy, peace, happiness and redemption for each one of them through our Savior and a loving Heavenly Father. After church, I had to tell all of them that I was being transferred, and it was pretty hard. Hard on me and hard on them. I love all of them so much. I hope and pray they will continue to progress towards baptism. The Lord has other work for me back in Eastvale. Eastvale has become "quiet" again. We gotta do it again baby! I am pumped. I love being the underdog. I am going to work my absolute hardest, and we are going to find success. Please pray so that we can find people to teach, who are ready and willing to receive the Gospel. Love you all have a great week!!

Elder Willes

No comments:

Post a Comment