Monday, March 27, 2017

THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT




Hello everyone! :) This week has been another great week here in the California Riverside Mission. Thank you all so much for all the Birthday Wishes! It was a special day for sure. Here is how my week went! 

Last Monday night we had another lesson with YiHang Yuan. We taught him about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is pretty great to be teaching. On Tuesday we found three potential investigators at UCR which was cool. :) We also had ZDM, where we received trainings from our Zone Leaders. We had several service opportunities this week. We participated in a
Feeding America project and sorted through a bunch of food. It was super fun!! We also cleaned a street. I love service.

For p-day we went on a cool hike to Mt. Roubidoux


We continue to teach Jay Yang. We are teaching small bits of the Plan. Most of the principles found in the Gospel are foreign the the Chinese culture so it is slow but steady.  We also had another lesson with Zhao Di Xiong and Tina! They are so awesome. We finished the Restoration and invited them to come to Church. We taught QiHua on Thursday evening. We met her a couple of weeks ago at UCR. We taught her about the Restoration and put her on date for baptism for April 26th! More about her later though. :(

Friday afternoon we picked up another investigator, Zhang Di Xiong. We taught him the first couple of points from the Restoration. It was awesome. He is a student at UCR, and has been to an LDS Church in Irvine before! That night, we also had an awesome English Class and Sister Crockett, a member from our ward, helped us at class. It is so great when members are able to help with missionary work. 

Saturday was my 19th birthday!!! Crazy. In the morning, we had our Weekly Blitz. I went out with Elder Fairbanks, one of our Zone Leaders. It was fun! We were able to get one referral for the missionaries in that area, so that was awesome! The afternoon was spent doing studies and Seeking With Faith...a normal missionary day. Overall, a pretty great birthday and one I wouldn't want to spend anywhere else doing anything else. :) Thank you again to everyone that made it so awesome! 

Thank you for the birthday presents. I am never going to need to grocery shop again.

Sunday I received the best birthday present. :) Zhao Di Xiong and Tina came to Church!!!!!!! We were so excited. They really seemed to enjoy it. It is so amazing when people you care about and love progress and take hold of the blessings that are theirs. It was another awesome day. This week has been amazing. I have really felt the love of my Savior as I labor in His vineyard. I love this work, and I love my mission. It is amazing. Love you all have a great week! 


D&C 11: 12-13

  • Doctrine and Covenants
    And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good —yea, to do justly , to walk humbly , to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit. 
Verily, verily, I say unto you, I will impart unto you of my Spirit, which shall enlighten your mind , which shall fill your soul with joy ; 

No comments:

Post a Comment