Wednesday, January 24, 2018

HOW DOES THE SAVIOR SEE MY FAITH? (January 22, 2018)


"I am so beyond thankful for all of the amazing blessings that Heavenly Father 
has given to us in our area. Without Him and a loving Savior, this work would be impossible." 


Hey everyone! This past week has been another incredible week here in the CRM. We continue to see many blessings each and every day and it is the best thing to be out here and doing the Lord's work. There have been many exciting things that have happened this past week and I am excited to give you all a little update. Here is how my week went! 

A shout-out to Mamoo. Her book is in my church building.

P-day Catan! A super fun game.
Brother Li took us to CAFE RIO this past week. #奇迹


This past Tuesday we had our multi-zone conference. The meeting was awesome and we got to hear from President and Sister Hammon which is always a boost. We also had the opportunity to watch the special announcement with President Nelson as the new Prophet. What a special meeting. I love and sustain President Nelson. I know that he truly is a Prophet of God! At the multi-zone, Elder Nelson and I gave a training on Having Great Faith. During our training, we asked the missionaries, "How does the Savior see your faith?" It was really awesome and we had a spiritual day. 

On Wednesday morning we had a service project at the Ranch Jurupa Park. We cleaned trash and leaves out of the little pond that they have there. It was super fun! For the rest of the day, I was on exchanges in the Jurupa Elder's area. I was with Elder Roper and man we had a killer day! We picked up 3 new investigators for their area, and we put one of them on date for baptism! It was an incredible day and was another one of those days where you eat dinner at like 8:30-9 pm. Now that is a sign of a great day :)

Thursday morning we had the opportunity to travel to Lake Elsinore and to see Evangel one of our recent converts! We met with her at McDonalds, which meant that I had to eat McDonalds for the first time on my mission! I thought I was going to make it the whole time without! She told me I looked fatter and that Elder Nelson looked skinnier. We shared some scriptures with her. She is doing awesome. She attended the Eastvale Ward this past Sunday with Blair and Kerry which was great. We also saw Ryan Chen and continued to review the missionary lessons with him. We really have developed a great relationship with him and he is slowly remembering! During the lesson, Ryan's wife Selina who is not a member and has not expressed interest, actually came and joined in on the lesson! 

Elder Willes, Elder Nelson and Evangel


Elder Nelson and I taught Lucy and Lucia at Harada Park. They are some of our new investigators. Elder Nelson met them on exchanges. Lucia accepted a baptismal date for February 11th. She is returning to China on the 15th. We are super excited for her! It was a great lesson and the Spirit was very strong. 

We had another Weekly Blitz and I went out with Elder Lowry. We were able to find a referral for the missionaries in that area! I also went on exchanges later that day with Elder Hale. We worked together in my area and had a great lesson in the afternoon with William Hu and his wife Fu Jie Mei! We taught them at Orchard Park. It was a great lesson. It was a very busy day as we then traveled to Corona to meet with Pius and Arthur again! We read with them from Alma 32 and it was super awesome. Man I loved that chapter. 

3 investigators at church this past week. Xun and Sara and Lucia! We were super happy for them. We also met with President Jergensen and President and Sister Hammon to discuss the missionary work in the Jurupa Zone. We have made some really good strides in our zone.

This past week has been incredible. Sorry this email is so long haha but I am so beyond thankful for all of the amazing blessings that Heavenly Father has given to us in our area. Without Him and a loving Savior this work would be impossible. Continue to make Jesus Christ the center of your lives, and constantly ask yourself, "How does the Savior see my Faith?" Love you all have a great week!

Also, Happy Birthday to Beef51 this upcoming week! Thankful to have the best Dad and an amazing example in my life. Thank you for all that you do for me Dad! Love you!


pig's tongue anyone?

Elder Willes 

No comments:

Post a Comment