Saturday, November 25, 2017

上周我们在教会有七个慕道友

Thankful and Grateful

Hello everyone! This past week has been another awesome week here in Eastvale, and the Lord continues to bless us every single day with Miracles! This past week, we were able to find 1 new investigator, and we also had 7 investigators that attended Church this past week! 

On Wednesday morning I had the opportunity to interview the University Chinese Elders' candidate for baptism! His name is Yang Di Xiong. It was super cool to have that opportunity. He should have had another interview this past week with President Hammon and I hope that he is able to be baptized! Soon after a weekly miracle came our way when we received a phone call from Jenny Jackson. We first taught Jenny all the way back in June and since then we haven't been able to teach her. We continued to call her and text her, and after multiple attempts, we were about to give up, and then she called us and said that she wanted to meet! We went over, and had a conversation with her, and answered a lot of her concerns about the church. Over the past couple of months, Jenny has had a couple of anti-influences and friends who have ditched her because she was attending church and learning about the Gospel, so please pray for Jenny that we can continue to help her learn of the truth! 

This week we also went to Corona, CA and had lunch with Du Di Xiong and Du Jie Mei! They are awesome, and they gave us some super good Chinese food. That night, we met with Mary Kong at the Harada Park again. We taught about the importance of the Book of Mormon, and invited her to church! It was a busy day because right after that, we had another lesson with Xun and Sara. We met with them at the Li's house, and taught them the about the Law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom. We are pretty sure that we will teach them about Tithing this next week which has been a real concern for them, so please pray for them! 

Friday afternoon we got to meet with Shannon! We reviewed the Restoration of the Gospel with her, and she is such an incredible member of the Church already. She has a strong testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She is doing awesome! 

Saturday afternoon we had a lesson with Crystal again! We met at the Serendipity Building (our chapel), and we taught her the Plan of Salvation. We invited Shannon (recent convert) to the lesson, and she came and helped us! It was an incredible lesson, and Shannon talked about the importance of baptism, which was super cool! The Spirit was really strong, and Crystal accepted a baptismal invitation for December 24th! Wouldn't that be the best Christmas ever? We are super excited for her.

Sunday was another awesome day! We had 7 investigators that came to church. 7 at church baby which was truly another miracle. Xun and Sara, Angela, Mary Kong, Li Feng (who we recently taught a couple of weeks ago), and Aileen and Linda all came! It was incredible, and we are going to try and meet with all of them again this next upcoming week. 

I have been pretty sick this week, but the work must go on. Our English classes were both great. We also had a Correlation Meeting with Hua Di Xiong and discussed the work in our area! And as usual, any spare time we spent out and about doing some more good old Seeking With Faith, which is awesome!

This week I am so grateful for this time of Thanksgiving, and the happiness that gratitude and thankfulness can bring into peoples lives. I am so grateful for my family and your amazing example to me. You have helped me so much to become the missionary that I am today. I am so grateful for your unconditional love and support that you show to family and also those around you. You truly are an examples of Christlike love, and that is such a great example to me. I am so grateful for this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I have to be here, and to be serving the Lord at this time. The mission is truly the greatest and happiest time of my life. I am so grateful for the extended time that I have left, and I am so excited to give it all that I have to serve the Lord! I am thankful for a loving Heavenly Father and for the Savior, Jesus Christ. They have given me so much. I love that I am out trying to teach others about them. I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve my Chinese brothers and sisters, who I love so much. They are amazing! My Chinese has been improving, and I can say most things that I want to now. I can write and read a little bit too now! It is pretty awesome, and I am going to work my hardest to improve my Chinese. 

I am so excited and grateful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father at this time. The Mission is the best! Love you all have a great week! Happy Thanksgiving! Eat lots of turkey for me.

Elder Willes 

No comments:

Post a Comment