Monday, October 16, 2017

JUST LIKE MICHAEL JORDON PLAYING IN THE "FLU" GAME

I love being able to wake up each and every morning with the mindset of,
"I am going to change someone's life today." Such a blessing!!


Hello everyone!! This week has been another pretty awesome week here in Eastvale. Elder Nelson and I were able to find 4 new investigators and we also had 3 investigators that came to church this past week! Heavenly Father continues to bless us, and we are super excited for the great things that are happening in Eastvale!!! Here is how my week went down. 

Monday was super awesome!! We taught Sue Ren in the park! We taught her about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and it was a pretty good lesson! On Monday I had a migraine for the first time in my life! My head was throbbing with pain for the entire lesson with Sue Ren, but I felt like Michael Jordan playing against the Jazz in the "Flu Game" and we got through the lesson. Hurt so bad. Haha definitely a memorable experience!!

After our regular weekly DLC and DDM meetings we spent most of the rest of the day on Tuesday Seeking With Faith, trying to find more prepared Chinese people!! That night, we also had the opportunity to do a home visit with the Liang Jia Ting! They are so awesome, and we shared with them a message about the importance of repentance. 

This week we went on exchanges with the Eastvale English Elders. Elder Porrazzo and I worked in our area. We had a great day. That morning as Elder Porrazzo and I were out Seeking With Faith, we started contacting this Chinese man named Johnny Zhang. I felt such a strong prompting to share with him the importance of the Book of Mormon. As we continued talking, we asked Johnny if he had some time so that we could share a spiritual message with him. This is when someone tells you no or you schedule a time to see them. Next thing you know, Johnny invited us into his home. He has a strong desire to learn about Jesus Christ! It was an awesome experience as we shared with him the Restoration.

I was able to go to Lake Elsinore to visit with Evangel Sun again!! She is doing awesome! What an amazing convert. We tried to help her find a ancestor's name to take to the temple. Sadly, we had some difficulties with logging in to her account, and so we weren't able to help her with that. She is doing great though and is active in attending the Lake Elsinore Ward every week!! That afternoon, we got to meet with Miao Di Xiong again!!! He is a champ. After being in Asia for 40 days, he is finally back!! Miao Di Xiong helps us with the missionary work so much here!! He was greatly missed. We also attended the Stake MCM meeting where the Zone Leaders report on the missionary work in the Stake. It was a great meeting!!

Friday was another awesome day!! That night, we had another great English Class. After our class we had another lesson with Xun and Sara, and also taught Deng and Jing, who all came to our English Class. Please pray for all of them!!

Keeping with Chinese tradition, when someone has a baby that has been born for 100 days, they all get together and have a potluck or a gathering type thing. Since Xun and Sara (our investigators) recently had a baby, they invited us to attend their celebration! It was a super awesome Saturday night. They fed us a lot of Chinese food and it was a great opportunity to be with them and meet more Chinese people who need the Gospel! I started playing the piano and a Chinese guy, who wasn't a member, came over and sang Nearer My God To Thee, while I was playing. I will remember that night for a long time.

We had 3 of our investigators at church this past week; Xun, Sara, and also Angela!! It was super awesome and I was so grateful to be there and be a part of helping them find the Savior. 

I am so grateful for my mission. It is definitely the most rewarding experience of my life. I have developed such a love for the people here, and am so grateful for all of the blessings that a loving Heavenly Father has given me. I love being able to feel the Spirit so easily and I love being able to wake up each and every morning with the mindset of, "I am going to change someone's life today." Such a blessing!! Love you all have a great week!!

Elder Willes 

No comments:

Post a Comment